Thursday, February 8, 2007

BAD GREEK GODS BAD!

No one ever seems to notice when I change our colors???

Ok-I did it again. I let myself get too hungry. That is a big no no no! Please learn from me and do carry food, and remember to eat. Yes Rebecca me too, I neglected my greens today for the first time in ages. And I made carrot juice to take with me but I felt sick after the yogurt and let Jon drink it.
I scarfed that organic yogurt...oh so not a good idea~who would have thought??? I am hereby taking my YAH vote and VETOING GREEK GODS.

I seem to be having more ups and downs right now in the 3rd month of raw. I forget to eat and then eat something stupid or in this case something that fooled me into thinking it was friend when it was foe. I try some packaged food. The yogurt should have been all the right things-but man was I sick! Nauseas, headache, stomach cramps within about 15 min, even chills, and tingling, and really fighting sleep. Whew. I was driving thinking "it's GOT to have sugar in it damn it!" because my system usually doesn't react to yogurt, but it felt exactly like when I eat ice cream! SICK! Not enough lactose enzymes remember? Oh...man...not fun...

I was driving down to class and I absolutely could feel it move through my body. It took an hour and I was sick the whole
time. I came home and looked at the ingredients: there it was. CANE SUGAR. AND honey. Whew. No wonder it tasted so good. Say no to 3 Greek Gods unless you want to have a surprise sugar coma. And yes, it's organic. I just checked Dannon and Yoplait for fun. NEITHER of them add sugar or honey to their yogurt. Bad Greek Gods Baaaad.

So no truth in marketing, no truth in packaging, and packaged foods are on my DANGER WILL ROBINSON list. That is so not funny! I was so sick! The good news is my body really really let me know and I am really really listening to it! :)

5 comments:

Pam said...

I always notice when you change the colors. I've just been too polite to mention that when the background gets darker I have to turn up the light in order to read it on my laptop (my eyesight definitely isn't improving with raw food, and the bilberry I've been taking seems to also do squat). The colors are very classy and sophisticated, though.

Joy! said...

LOL thanks. Should we go lighter? Any preference?

Joy! said...

Commercial yogurt is also pasteurized so you don't get the benefit of the acidophilus because it's dead after being heated. So what you are getting when you eat yogurt from the store is unfrozen yogurt ice cream which is.....milk transformed into a semi-solid.
I used to culture my own from the raw milk we had. It is stout stuff. Very strong and I would need a lot of honey to make it palatable. I did use it in cooking but I could never just sit and eat it so I'm wondering what else they slip into commercial yogurt...maybe we'll never know.
Onward and upward! Romedy

Rebecca said...

I always notice the color change too, and I meant to comment this time, but forgot. I love the black, the header is very cool. I've really liked all the color schemes you've had. This blog is getting bigger and bigger, I know this because I only have dial-up at home and it's pretty slow to load nowadays.

Pam, I think you have to do raw or pretty close to raw for several years before you get the benefit to your eyes.

Joy, Sorry you were so sick from the yogurt. I don't like that feeling. I guess the lesson learned is read the ingredient list, not the front label.

Joy! said...

You betcha! Read the labels, and be discerning. I only read this after I changed the black to blue. LOL
Sorry! That didn't last long! We are getting a bit bigger. We've got close to 300 posts between us. That's alot!