Thursday, February 15, 2007

From Bo

This is an email from Bo, who asked me to post it for her:

I was reflecting on the state of the system. The one I belong to and have struggled with over the last several years. The practice of medicine has become just that the practice of prescribing medications rather than the art of healing.

With increasing technology and "advanced" research, we have traveled further and further away from connecting to our source and intuitively knowing what it is we need to heal ourselves. Healers where left in the dust and in that dust the remains of our greatest gift, consciousness awareness of our true essence.

The music turned up louder and louder and the dance so frantic no one was allowed to sit down and collect themselves from the many fragmented pieces scattered across time.

Our patients have no real support in healing. They are given in the best-case scenario, education and instruction on taking care of their body's but there is no support in place to help them make the change. Patients become disheartened in their failed attempts and providers disenchanted as they are met with : Yes OK well I already tried that and failed. Isn’t' there just a pill I can take to make this better and please I would like to feel better right away.

As I walked up my stairs feeling the weight and the utter seeming futility of what it is I want to do I saw a vision of the universe. Maybe not this one, maybe another galaxy but it was awesome, vast, and infinite. I realized, each one of my patients is as vast and as complex as this solar system.

We have poisoned generation after generation not with pharmaceuticals but the lie that the only way to address illness is to listen only to what another person tells us is best for our bodies. The greatest sadness, we are so far removed and checked out that in truth we have to have someone tell us because we are no longer connected. For many, we are not even in our bodies. By the time we realize we are out of balance, we are already ill. The signs may have been there for years before we recognize the dysfunction as abnormal. We name it stress or aging or genetic predisposition. When in reality we have moved away from centerline and now are reeling from the vertigo of our imbalance.

What you all are doing takes great discipline. You are carving out an ancient tradition in a new pattern of being. Dancing on the cutting edge of our new consciousness the ballet you create is beautiful and yet to be fully defined. It is not just your willingness to address this issue physically that I applaud. It is your support of one another as you travel through the maze of your own personal universe. Well Done, or I should say " well in doing" as you continue on your way.

1 comment:

Joy! said...

Bo thanks for your posting, and this is exactly what I saw and felt-and what I kept hearing from others. "I don't even KNOW what to eat." and "I'm so confused about my health" and "I don't know how I feel anymore". This is exactly why I suggested the raw experiment, so we could see if we could get back in touch with ourselves, and what our own personal truth is about what feeds us.

Ultimately, it's so much LESS about food, and more about our connection to ourselves isn't it.

Disciplne? Funny, I don't feel like that. Anyone else? I feel like this has been the absolute EASIEST thing I have done with food, and the most freeing. I'm going on 3 mns.