Friday, February 9, 2007

PASTEURIZATION

So what the hell is the truth about pasteurization anyway? I keep getting these radical sites that are ranting about how "those organic people" are bringing down the American Dairy farmer, and that there is no difference in milk. "Milk is milk".

Not being a big milk drinker-no lactase producing villi in my intestines, I don't care much-but was wanting to do yogurt for the B vitamins. Why? Well I can tell you all about THAT! And real yogurt has a bunch of em. B vitamin deficient mean we can't process iron for one thing and contributes to anemia so I take B shots from time to time, and do liquid B vitamins so it metabolizes quicker because pills don't break down in my stomach-a gastric bypass thing again.

B vitamin insufficiences are behind the scenes of alot of illnesses though...if we were to track in deep enough instead of taking a pill for the frontline symptom. Myself included.

Romedy is right-all the brand name yogurts are going to have to use pasteurization processes, or like ODWALLA, they will be brought down. Ah ha! Don't mess with the FDA.

Make our own? Anyone ever done that? Target has yogurt makers-I've not tried this. But hey in looking it up it's done at the same temperature as the dehydrator, and for the same reason. To preserve the nutritional value and keep the food live. Makes sense. Has anyone tried Kefir? Is it like buttermilk? Ew. I personally don't care for it-an aquired taste, but if I can eat raw eel and seaweed now, and like it, ok~

WHY are we so dead food oriented in this country??? Because it's good for business-pharmaceutical business. wow...I should go for a run right now and get some of this out! Did I dip in my estrogen? Better go open a tube of pregesterone cream and mellow out. It does make me angry. I can't go to the store and buy a product and trust that what it says on the label is not only true, but good for me, even if I pay more money.

Makes me want to only buy small brands...but now we know they are being bought up-so even if you THINK they are small, follow the money and they are owned by the big boys which means Coca Cola owns Odwalla. same same.

Used to be that Jamba juice fresh squeezed their carrot juice. Not anymore!
And when we order apple and lemon from Wild Oats-they add it as juice, meaning it's not fresh like the greens are.
Faster but not the same is it...

No comments: