Tuesday, February 27, 2007

WATER WATER EVERYWHERE

So, here's another confusing marketing mess to unravel. And we've eased right into it. I HAVE NO IDEA what kind of water to drink! Isn't that like totally insane??? Water. The purest of elements, and necessary for life. Cleansing, healing, clearing water.

Rebecca, you have distilled.
I have an antequated Culligan's reverse osmosis that is putting MORE shit into the water than my regular tap water has! Ew.
I manifested a complete halt to the new one-that was good work Joy. They never showed up, and haven't returned my calls. They've been in business since 1956-as long as I have-and they've disappeared. WHAM. So, obviously, there is an even better solution for me than that one.
I have been bringing my drinking water in and I'm sticking to that for the moment.
Who else? What do you all do out there? And why?
What are your beliefs. I'm starting a list for the side. Add to it here, and I will make the list up.

I believe:
we need water to live
I believe I need to drink more water because of the altitude-and when I don't I get a headache
We are 70% water (or more)
Every cell operates off of water, with water
Water holds the energetic template of ANYTHING we program it with
Water can be cleared with our thoughts

They tell me:
8 glasses a day
as many ounces as you weigh
water cleanses us
water helps us digest our food
reverse osmosis is best
distilled is best
tap water is purified
glacier water is best because it has minerals
minerals are terrible for you
well water is good
well water is contaminated
cold water chills the internal organs and is bad
hot water is better for you
room temperature water is better for you
don't drink with meals
drink water before meals


anyone else?

3 comments:

Joy! said...

Once I found out about water holding energetic patterns I stopped putting it in the microwave...actually since everything we eat has water in it I never cook food in it anymore either. I'm back to heating tea water in a kettle.
I drank well water for most of my life so I can smell and taste minute amounts of the bactericides put in water. I use a Britta pitcher to filter my culinary water. I haven't liked anything else I've tried. Oregon City's water smells like chlorinated swamp water before filtering it. After filtering it through the Britta it tastes and smells like the well water I drank for many years so I guess that's working for me.
I was looking for different recipes the other day. I thumbed through some of the older cookbooks I used to use all the time. That's when I realized just how much my eating habits have changed in the last ten, or so, years. Some of that might have to do with not having endless amounts of milk and cream, honey and maple syrup for my eating pleasure.
I almost sobbed when I found out that Teflon causes the Teflon flu...back to scrubbing pots again, but it seems a small price to pay to avoid being poisoned.
Yes..onward and upward all you canaries in the coal mine! Romedy

Joy! said...

ooops-that was from Romedy.

Rebecca said...

I would NOT recommend drinking real glacier water. I've never been so fucking sick in my life!

Dad and I drank "pure" water running straight out from under the edge of real glacier, as my mom looked on shaking her head. Good thing she wasn't sick, someone had to drive the camper home. I was 8 years old, someone older than me should have known better.