Saturday, January 27, 2007

CatherineAnn raw day 26

I made the best smoothie this morning for myself and the kids. I had been soaking the almonds for several days. I found they lose the twang I'm not crazy about after three days of soaking in the fridge. I am weaning the kids from dairy and slowing down the soy milk. I put in fresh orange juice to the almond milk and banana, clementine, mango, pineapple. YUM! Before raw I couldn't have smoothies because they messed up my blood sugar. Now I follow them up with some veggies and I am good to go. Calla's nose is dry for the first time since September.

I think some of the movement for me is the bad air. I took the kids to the Childrens Museum Thursday and I was shocked when I got down in the valley. Who wants to breath that? Normally though I love the eliptical at the gym. It is easy on the knees and body and I can get a good workout in in 30-40 minutes. I started a year ago at 10 minutes and have worked up. My body yells at me if I don't move. It's a must for me and after a year I really miss it if I don't go. I lost my racquetball partner when Joel (my niece) moved away if anyone is interested in playing once a week or everyother week on a weeknight. Three can play too and it only costs two dollars a time and I can reserve a court. Any level or a beginner is fine. The swimming feels wonderful and I haven't been for a while because all of a sudden I didn't want to bare my massive thighs. Haven't figured out why the change but I will get back in the pool soon because I love doing the breast stroke!

Joy cudos to you for braving the cleanse first!

3 comments:

Joy! said...

Oh me me! I've actually played raquetball WITH someone-I just used to LOVE going in and whacking the ball around, but if you are willing to teach me I would greatly love to do that! Yipee!

Yes, I always feel BETTER when I've moved. It's the actual implementation of it.

So-the questions are:
notice what is going on-how do you self talk yourself out of it
how do you distract yourself from it
the background voices-same as we did with the food.

The smoothie sounds lovely. Do remember to change the water in the almonds daily. It really helps, and if you put some hot water on them at the end, the tannin skins will peel off easy. Tastes better. You might have already done that?

I don't have any almonds soaking, but I want to make this smoothie!

Jacqueline Brown, said...

In regards to the kids I really think so many of the kids are coming in Vegan, I swear and the adults in their life are not paying attention that they will function so much better if they are given the fresh fruit and veggies. Good on you for doing this for your grandkids...
I agree with Joy, once we get use to the movement it is hard to give up..its just getting yourself there thats such a MIND game...

Joy! said...

And CA good for YOU for getting the kids into this.

It's so awesome that Calla is congestion free! Jon was highly allergic to dairy when he was a baby. Even soy. But especially cow. Immediately stuffy and red ears and cheeks.