Sunday, January 7, 2007

PURPLE CABBAGE SALAD

Note: Purple cabbage is a great vege dipper-Lauren brought a head of purple cabbage in and we cut it into wedges and dipped it in raw hummus and salsa. I had NEVER thought of it, and it was SO pretty! And tasty. I'm going to use it alot because those cabbages are really good for us and beautiful and I happen to really LIKE cabbage.

Here's one of my favorite Cabbage Salad recipes: Modifed for RAW:

1 Green bell pepper, seeded and chopped into pieces
1 Red bell pepper, same thing
Take your BIG kitchen knife and cross cut the cabbage into bits.
3 or 4 green onions, chopped including the green tops.
garlic
salt, pepper.

Dressing:
You could definitely use that pomegranate one, and I usually mix a hot dressing for this one.
Into your food processor whizer thingie put:
1/4 c oil, and 1/4 c red wne vinegar and a splash of water
1/2 tsp cayenne
1 tsp chopped garlic
a sprinkle of hot red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
add a sprinkle of something green like parsley flakes or cilantro
Juice of half a lemon
2-3 TBS sesame seeds

Pour all over the salad and serve! This is actually even better the next day because it ferments...yum
You can do 1/2 a head of red cabbage and 1/2 a head of green cabbage too which is very very pretty!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I love cabbage, and I love pomegranates. These two recipes may even make me break down and buy a food processor whizer thingie!