Monday, January 29, 2007

Liver Cleanse

Ok, day 5 of the liver cleanse and I am jumping out of my skin! i can hear Bonnie saying..."Yep...anger pills!" It's like PMS! It feels irrational, and edgy. I normally would eat something to get away from this feeling! Instead, I am riding it. Oh so much more adult to let myself feel it, and not be afraid of the feeling! T came home and I warned him-like in the old PMS days. "Stand back, I'm just feeling edgy budd...." He calmly looked at me and said "Oh? So what's new?" Not a good time to joke with a woman with new sharp knives at her fingertips. I smiled. I meant to smile. I think I covered my eyes witih my hands and took deep breaths. i was smiling behind my hands. Well, ok, maybe not. But! Once I admitted how I felt, it was better!

I got out the salad stuff, started to hum, made green juice for him-he took a few sips and passed it to me. YUM! Ok then!

Warning-I found a lovely bottle of Brianna's natural salad dressings when I was foraging for food in my fridge! There it was, poppyseed dressing. I thought "what a great idea! I need a new taste treat!" It was really thick though so I added red wine vinegar and some water and diluted it by half, and shook it up and then had it on my salad with fresh lemon. I am enjoying it, lapping it up, I mean it was so good! I suddenly realize that the reason it tasted SO good was it was quite sweet. Hey! I grab the bottle and say to T, "this tastes good, but has got to have sugar in it..." Oh yea! The second ingredient is sugar! Do you know what that means in terms of the ratio per serving? WOW! See, it's exactly those sneaky things that fool us when we think we are eating healthy. Adding sugar to a salad dressing??? I usually make my own salad dressings, but I wanted a taste difference. Whoa baby! Live and learn. No more Brianna's.

On the other hand, a good workout would probably help here...help here...hmmmm

No comments: