Monday, January 8, 2007

EGGLESS EGG SALAD

You can buy this at Wild Oats too I noticed. Lauren saw it there too, if you don't want to take the time to make it, but I swear it's easy, and it lasts for days in the fridge-but I ate mine pretty quick. I love this! And I'm not big on tofu. Now, technically, tofu isn't raw and I didn't do this one until I was a good 3 weeks into raw, but just so you have the recipe...
Here goes
1 ½ pounds tofu, firm
½ cup eggless mayonnaise (Nasoya Nayonnaise, which you can also get at Wild Oats or you can make it-want a recipe?)

Into the food processor put:
2 red bell peppers
4 green onions including the tops ( cut off the little bottom, you know that right?)
1 carrot
3 Tbsp. fresh parsley (about 6 stalks)
2 stalks celery
¼ tsp. turmeric
1 ½ Tbsp. mustard seed (or mustard if you aren't a purist)
2 tbs garlic (hey, I like garlic)
Salt, pepper, and my usual cayenne pepper
and if you have any olives laying around, throw a few in too
Add the tofu
and the mayo


You can use this to stuff celery, or in lettuce rollups with your fresh sprouts. You can put in inside mushroom caps after you take out their little stems), you can stuff tomatoes, or those really yummy tiny peppers from Costco in all the pretty colors and dust some paprika on top and sprinkle with flax seeds which look REAL pretty on top! Everyone will want to eat them! :)

No comments: