Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Joy Diary

I had the most beautiful bowl of raw stuff for lunch! It was so pretty! I know just what you mean Pam.

I cut half an avocado and fanned it on my red plate, made a mango salsa, and then added blackberries and some raw pistachios on top. I thought "oh, can't eat all this!" ... and I relished every single bite! It was the most amazing mix of textures on the tongue with the mango salsa being sweet and spicy and tangy, the avocado smooth and creamy, the blackberries so vibrant and then the crunchy pistachios...wow.

On top of that it was my day off so I sat outside in the sun with deep snow all around and swung in my witches basket chair. It was totally a mix of all these contrasts. Sun and cold, snow and warmth...and my mouth was doing the same thing with the bowl of flavors. Delightful!

The salsa is mango, jicama, jalapeno peppers, and tangerine slices. Yum!

In class tonight I mentioned raw, and they told me how they could never do it, and all the reasons why they had to have meat, and eggs. Hah! Some day they may venture where we have dared! Oh! For my drive down the mountain I made a fruit smoothie in the food processor. I put in a real ripe pear, an apple, some more blackberries and a splash of fresh oj. This made a very thick sort of smoothie and I drank it going down. Tomorrow I think I'm going to add some whey protein.

I have my dehydrator going. I am making some blended vegetable things and some fruit things. LOL I don't know what to call them.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Did you buy a 9 tray or a 5 tray dehydrator? What did you base your decision on?

Blended vegetable things and fruit things... would they be called a "leather"? Like a fruit leather?

Joy! said...

No, not that smooth or flat, The leathers roll up and you can tear them apart. These are coarser and thicker. So more substance. I am attempting to replicate the LARABAR texture and size, or the bites that I got at GOOD EARTH. (I just posted about them).

9 drawer.