Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Back on Raw

I can say I'm fully back on raw!

It's funny but the dance back and forth is hard on my system. I stay on raw food, and I feel amazing! My energy is up, I sleep well, I wake up early.

I dabble in cooked food, and specifically protein, and I feel off. Sluggish, running a bit slower, and eventually my sleep is off again.

What tempts me to stray: when the weather gets colder I want HOT something to warm me up. Comfort me on the inside. Temperature seems to feel satisfying.
When I am tired or bored, or when I don't have anything ready to go, veges cleaned and waiting, I want to reach for something else. (this is happening less and less I will say, but the desire to fall back into the old pattern of thoughtless eating is there.)

Really, these are almost exactly what used to tempt me off of any "diet" really. Thinking about it, anytime I attempted a change in habitual eating patterns the moment of truth would come when I would decide to continue or to 'take a break'. The break usually meant I didn't get back on for awhile-or ever.

An old time consumate dieter, I have to remind myself this is NOT about dieting, NOT about deprivation, NOT about have tos, NOT about counting, measuring, weighing, NOT about denying myself anything. This is my choice, I feel great, and I want to continue.

It is all about feeding myself completely. The longer I do this, and I am looking at close to the end of 5 mns now, the easier it gets. My kitchen is primarily raw food now, the grocery cart gets filled with fresh raw beautiful stuff. The kitchen equipment has changed, and my countertop look has shifted. My husband and son are joining me some, which is more than I expected!

So, when I do get off base, what is it that triggers it? What could be more important than my health, strength, stamina, and joy? The answer should be nothing, but that isn't the case, is it.

But what if it isn't emotional-strictly speaking? What if it is biochemical? What if those emotions too, are biochemical?

No comments: