Friday, April 13, 2007

Quinoa Pasta...ew!


Ok, so remember I said once that you NEVER mess with an Italian's Italian food? And remember how I don't like them using the same "name" for their "new" foods?

Here's a prime example. I have NEVER had to throw an entire pot of pasta out...until now. I bought ANCIENT HARVEST'S QUINOA PASTA at the urging of Marilyn. She came up to me with a package and said "Oh look! If you fix this you can eat with the family!" as if I am in exhile...yeah that same week...

Anyway-I bought it. It was easier. I decided to try cooking it tonight. It cooks fast. In 4 min. I had a pot of sticky, icky chunky stuck together ooz. The water had turned so thick it was pasty. The taste was like dough. Horrible mess. I plan to take the empty box back to Wild Oats and let them know. Meanwhile they discontinued carrying a really GOOD quinoa product. I am going to be a pro-active voice this time and not a passive resentful whiner shopper. Hah!

But be warned. It is NOT pasta. It does NOT sub for it. If you must eat pasta, try the whole wheat, or better, do the spinach and or the tomato pastas. Very good.

I made a great sundried tomato pesto raw sauce and I am going to spiralize some zucchini and be delighted beyond compare.
Have a good evening!

No comments: