Thursday, April 19, 2007

Self-Editing/Clarity

What happened today?

Simply put I spun out.

So again, apologies for the lengthiness and redundancy and terrible writing form - (my teachers would be horrified) and for the confusing mess of thoughts and words. If you zoom down to my when the honeymoons over post (which ive edited)- you'll see i mentioned this 'distraction' thing that happens when im in the in-between.

:( DISTRACTION = not good)

I have been working on my 'self-edit button' before I edited everything...now I am editing nothing and I know there is a happy medium...just working on getting there. I think it just clicked in. So thank you.

Ive edited and reposted below, to be more clear.
Hope that helps.

Be back on track soon. Cleared a really really big deep rooted piece today thats been tingling all week. Not a good feeling for me....Brings up old feelings of embarrassment and projecting and general 'losing it-ness' in a group which makes me feel really crappy. Nothing that a little sleep and some raw food wont cure!

Thank goodness for the actual EDIT button. And for friends with patience.

XOXO

4 comments:

Joy! said...

Ok so Lauren, you want a raw writing space that is your place to throw words out as fast as you can type, without them needing to be read or caring if they can be read. Ok.

Thank you for clarifying. I was struggling to try and make it make sense, and now that I know I don't have to it really helps me alot. Now that I know you aren't really writing to me, I can relax!
Blessings! :)

Pam said...

Thanks for clarifying, Lauren. I have to admit, I started reading some of your posts and started skipping sentences - or is that thoughts. I'm actually impressed that your thoughts can flow so freely. I need to try that sometime without being so critical of myself as I go.

Anonymous said...

Please dont misunderstand I do care VERY much otherwise I wouldnt be here you all know that...These were my raw thoughts and covered a lot of deeply meaningful issues to me. Maybe not conveyed in that way. But all big things sort of coming to a head...Maybe this isnt the space for the stage these thoughts were at and maybe I need to do that part on my own...(Im also working a boundaries issue here among many other things.)

I had some important points and I promise to edit and repost them at some point in a clear way so that I can share, which is the goal here I know...!!

First I have to be clear and maybe I should do that work on my own then come back to this space with more edited thoughts. Apologies and thank you for helping me on this..it was a biggie...

Joy! said...

NO apologies. It's all about understanding self. The blog makes things visible-even to ourselves doesn't it?