Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Grand Experiment

Shamans in the Raw simply started as a 30 day experiment. How would we feel if we went raw-ish for 30 days? I recall offering it out because I had been doing it for a few weeks and felt great, and Lauren had been doing it for months at that point.

At the end of 30 days you all decided you wanted to continue with another 30. Then another 30.
Then we began to talk about how we could let the world know that this truly makes a huge difference in how you feel.
We began to talk and think about ways to take the green juice out there. We began to talk about projects and got excited. We spun it off into a different night for meetings.

And then-we began to fall into old patterns. Did we fall off of raw too?

I can only speak for myself. I know the last few weeks I have been adding protein here and there. Chicken, fish, and some eel. I dropped to raw during the day and a cooked dinner. Not every night, but enough, and not just cooked, cooked animal protein. In alot of ways I felt better at first. Maybe that was the lull?

But I started to notice that while my poops still floated, I was having a harder and harder time getting up in the morning. That bounce I had been enjoying for months, wasn't there. I was waking up and groaning. I felt tired again despite taking my vitamins, and despite the green juice. Then I wasn't sleeping that nice deep sleep I used to have with raw. My sleep was restless again, disturbed.

I've been reaching for apples and bananas. A handful of almonds instead of trying recipes. It hasn't been as much fun, and I haven't been taking care of myself. It has been heavier overall. I feel dragged down. But. I wonder if it got heavier because of the food I was eating or was I eating heavier food because I felt heavier emotionally? I actually got on the scale and got the tape measure out and was surprised to see that despite my feeling heavier I was down.

Somehow eating raw makes me feel invincible, like I can do anything, and eating the cooked foods and the proteins makes me feel more defeated. Is that the right word? Defeated? Maybe not defeated. Maybe just plodding vs flying. It definitely is a heavier feeling overall.

Anyone else?

No comments: