Thursday, April 5, 2007

VOLUNTEERING

Here are a few more ideas on volunteering:

BEND IN THE RIVER VOLUNTEERS to work with kids as an education volunteer. You get to work with teachers in elementary classes, lead field classes, or act as a tour guide for visitors.
No experience is required.

VOLUNTEERING WITH THE UTAH STATE PARKSand the list looks like a lot of clean up jobs. I have a friend that volunteers with the trails and that's what they do. Clean, clear, lay. But he loves it.

VOLUNTEERING BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS

VOLUNTEERING WITH THE RED CROSS

START A COMPASSION CELL

TREE UTAH our office neighbors

I've added these to the list on the side. If you know of an organization that needs volunteers, let me know, or add it to the list. Kathy, I can't find the website for the Native American Grandparents organization. Do you have it?

2 comments:

CatherineAnn said...

The Tree Utah looks interesting. Right next door!

Joy! said...

Yes, and they've been around for years. The new director is very nice too. Young man. Why is everyone looking so YOUNG to me these days? LOL
Ok-I think we also get an idea of how other nonprofits are structured from studying these up and running ones, so consider this also research. Learn from those that have gone before us. I think the Bend in the River people look interesting. I had never heard of them before yesterday.