Tuesday, April 3, 2007

New Mandoline Owner

I haven't made it to Spoons 'n Spice to buy a spiralizer, but I stopped on the way home at Orson Gygi's and bought a mandoline. I also went to an Oriental market and purchased some rice paper to make some spring rolls like the ones at Wild Oats. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Found a couple of recipes that look like they will match Raw Melissa's chocolate raspberry truffle. Now I know why the pieces of chocolate are so expensive - the cost of ingredients are outrageous. We'll need to keep this in mind for the future.

1 comment:

Joy! said...

Yes-exactly. Some of the ingredients are outrageously expensive. Anyway-I bought a mandoline and haven't used it much. T likes it though. It was like he found a new toy in the kitchen!

I've ordered a spiralizer from Amazon-and it should be here any day now.

Wild Oats has the rice papers in the asian section. I've only seen them there once though-and bought the only package, so they must be popular.