Friday, April 27, 2007

Heart and Lungs

I held a heart and lungs in my hands today on this 28th year of my life....I just sat with it by myself for about an hour feeling it studying it pumping it trying to understand it. This area that has been such and issue in so many ways...a place i viewed as such weakness before and a place im regrowing now and illuminating now....

I carefully studied the lines the vessels the aorta the bronchi the textures the feeling the color observing this tight swirling and churning and beautiful intricate yet strong braiding and looping that happens right here in me each moment this pump wow....

i was mesmerized. i couldnt take my eyes away. so many things are shifting.

tomorrow will be the last day and i will be leaving and in slc on sunday!
cant wait to see you all!

2 comments:

Joy! said...

that sounds so cool! :)

Pam said...

Can't wait to see you too, Lauren, and happy birthday.