Friday, April 27, 2007

On the hunt for AD 36

In my spare time tonight I've been internet hunting and found out that there are actually 2 viruses that cause humans to become obese, THAT WE KNOW OF, and there 6 in the animal world. AD 5 is another adenovirus that causes humans to gain 50-100% body fat. They know about them. They don't care. It seems to be a mild disease in the big picture, it doesn't seem to make them very sick.

ARE THEY KIDDING ME!?? NOT VERY SICK! You gain 100% body fat, and it's no big deal?

So what I want to know is why aren't other people as infuriated as I am? I read 3 articles from research doctors that said "regardless of it being a virus, people still need to just stop eating". I wanted to throttle someone! They don't get it! The antibodies were present in 30% of the obese people they tested, and was NOT present in any of the normal sized people. HELLO! What are they looking for?

This is a major deception perpetrated on the American public. This is a marketing campaign that has undermined the self esteem of a nation! We are "fat and prosperous". Americans are "lazy". We are supposed to be ashamed of our prosperity, as a nation, apologizing for our wealth. Does this follow straight into what we were working on in class concerning shame and giving and receiving? You betcha!

We've been tricked into believing that we should have been trying harder to lose weight, that we should join that health club, walk that mile, buy that diet book, and that something was wrong with us-our self esteem, our motivation, that there was some magic pill and that we were fooling ourselves if we thought we weren't eating because all anyone had to do was look at us to see that we obviously were eating.

I say we find a cure for AD 36 because this is exactly what I have been saying. Having been raw as long as this, I should have been dropping inches, and it hasn't reallly happened. Oh a bit, but come on!

4 comments:

Pam said...

Well, we certainly know the first set of frequencies we need to come up with - fat viruses.

CatherineAnn said...

This is so interesting. I would like to read the research. I'm trying not to get angry about this. But interestingly enough I had dreams last night about a group (not sure who) came in while I was out of my apartment going to the bathroom and packed up all my things and were going to haul them away. Like moving me. You can take this......or that....not that.....It seems like we have such a double standard and a forked tongue in this country. We say our biggest health problem is obesity and yet it isn't a big deal if the virus causes a huge weight gain? We say we want peace and freedom but our actions speak otherwise. What really is going on? Seriously, who is making all the good for us decisions?

CatherineAnn said...

I've always thought it was odd that we haven't lost 25 pounds like Jac. It would make sense if a virus is still active it would not want to loose what feeds it. We have to fix this. I am over carrying around a trunk of fat everyday.

Joy! said...

ME TOO!