Friday, April 27, 2007

Salad Spinner Trick...

Hey Everyone,

I learned a new trick while I was sitting on the couch with my cats. I thought I'd pass it on here in case there was someone who hadn't heard of this before and could use it.

When you're washing a large amount of greens it can be time consuming to dry them in a spinner, or otherwise. Here's the trick: just put your freshly washed wet greens in a pillow case and throw them in your washing machine and set it on the spin cycle for a couple of minutes. You can go do something else, like sit on the couch, I used that time to fold laundry.

I tried this last night and it worked great! I had a couple bunches of kale and some spinach. Came out done dry. I bagged them up and was done with it. It was the most efficient produce processing I've ever done.

Ciao!

5 comments:

Jacqueline Brown, said...

So good to hear from you...
Neat trick with the greens....

Joy! said...

Hey it's Rebecca!

You know the thing about a salad spinner, and I got teased like you would not believe the year I brought one of THOSE home, is that they don't hold much really. Not near the amount of produce we wash!
This is a great idea!
I've been rolling them in a dish towel-and they stay wet.
I'll add it to the list.

Pam said...

Rebecca - really good to hear from you. Guess what - I also went out and bought a VitaMixer. Just like you, I'm also having about a 50% success rate.

CatherineAnn said...

Good to hear from you! Great idea! Love it!

Joy! said...

I can't wait to see Tony's face when I put the lettuce in the washing machine-and turn it on! LOL