Thursday, April 19, 2007

Time to End the Experiment?

You know, what I started to say was this was only ever going to be a temporary experiment, and maybe we need to talk about an exit strategy to all of this. We originally said 30 days. We are way past that.

We can end it any time and I can close the blog down with a click. It's been a great positive thing, and it accomplished what we set the experiment up for. Would we feel better going raw, we wondered?

It has changed my views on food, on my life, and I am very grateful that you all participated at all! It was fun! I was doing raw anyway, but it was more fun with all of you. I had a great time playing and eating and experimenting. I love going into new ventures and new territory.

Coming together as a group is no longer necessary or perhaps not even productive for you anymore. Busy lives, too many emails, too many committments in other directions, desire to do new things, desire to go back to old ways. As soon as it gets to not be "fun" we gotta shelve it or work it through. Let's shelve it. It's only food! Who gives a shit what you eat or how you feel after you eat it? I mean really! It's just food. We all eat. it's not that big a deal.

The idea was to support each other. But only for 30 days. This has gotten to be way more than you thought it would be. And some of you balked at a 30 day committment! Ok. We are all really good separatists. We know how to do it alone and we have our own lives, and we can take care of ourselves.

I don't have an attachment to this continuing. We can certainly let it go. It's getting to be too much to post, to think about what is going on inside you, to even read it, then let's end it and say done! Spring is trying to be here. We certainly have other things to do with our lives than write on the computer. I do. You do too.

30 days has certainly expanded far further than we anticipated. This is April. My intention was never to create this as a burden, or an obligation, so my vote is lets think about the end of shamans in the raw, maybe at the end of the month, maybe now, and disband it.

Anyone else?

1 comment:

Joy! said...

Remember girls-I am writing this in RESPONSE to your energy last night in class...