Saturday, April 7, 2007

VITAMIX Blender


Wow, I am really impressed with what I am learning about the Chimp diet, how I feel with more greens, and what I am learning about the Vitamix blender. I got on the Vitamix website and they have a slew of recipes too.

By the way, if you think the $365. price tag at Costco is alot-they sell for $479-$574. on the website! Depends if you want the Super or the Deluxe, what color, and if you want extras. It could run even more. So! Costco is a savings.

It's a mighty machine for sure. Now, the Vitamix 5000 itself is $399. $419. if you want it in red Pam, so you know.

If you miss Costco's demo week in Murray (Apr 13-21) you can catch them in West Bountiful (May 18-27). They rotate between the stores and come once every six months. They aren't due back to SLC downtown for about 4 mns. I checked Ogden-they were there last month. I saw them, was impressed, didn't buy it. Hmmm.

After having read Bortenko's book now though, I am feeling different about the mighty machine. One of the things I like is that we can actually utilize all that pulp we have been gripeing about throwing out. (I put mine in the dehydrator today-will let you know).

240 miles an hour! Wow!
I watched their little video demonstrations which are pretty informative. Click on the images on the right side. There are 4 of the little video demos.

Grapes, strawberres, a banana and ice-there is your smoothie.

It can make HOT raw soup. Run the container for 4 min and you get steam coming out! They call it "friction cooking". Now that's going to be way too hot for us rawish people, but what about 2 minutes?

I am going to take that sorbet maker back after watching the video because it can make that frozen treat I was thinking I was gonna make. Silly me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have to say, yes other blenders work.... but there just aint nothing like the vitamix...in fact im going to go use it rght now to make a chocolate goji shake! ive missed my little guy...i wish i could fold it up and travel with it...thats been the hard part of all of this traveling....

Pam said...

Rebecca kept urging us to go to Costco on April 13. Thanks, Rebecca, I believe I'll need to go - it may be time to replace my smoothie maker with a real machine.

Joy! said...

You know Pam, it is so nice to see and hear from you more often now! :)